Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Explorer

Roald Amundsen was a famous explorer. He was famous for being the first person to go to the South Pole

Roald Amundsen was born on 16th of July 1872 in Borge Sweden I disappeared at the age of 55 on Bear Island in the Barents Sea. He set off from home for the South Pole on the 8th of September 1911. His crew and himself reached our destination on December the 14th 1911.

Roald Amundsen planned to go to the North Pole until he released that another explorer named Robert Peary had already made his marks to be the the first person to visit the North Pole. He soon decided to keep a secret that he would turn around and head to the South Pole without reaching the North Pole. Soon he realised that he was racing an English explorer named Robert Scott. Luckily he was the winner of the race and got there first.

He died during a rescue attempt saving people from a crashed airship and I crashed my plane. He has sunken to the bottom of the Barents Sea and has never has to be seen again.   

He is an explorer and a sailer. He is most famous for being the first person to visit the South Pole.

By Hugh

2 comments:

  1. Awesome writing Hugh,
    You have told me a lot about Roald Amundsen.
    If I hadn't of read your writing I never would of known who he was
    WELL DONE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job here too Hugh.. and I know you really enjoyed finding out about Roald Amundsen, and then putting this together including the acting and dressing up part.

    ReplyDelete